Hong Kong currency denominations are HK$1000, HK$500, HK$100, HK$50, HK$20, HK$10 ( Notes ) & HK$10, HK$5, HK$2, HK$1, 50cents, 20cents, 10cents ( Coins ). Hong Kong currency is pronouned as “Yuen”
Please note that Hong Kong currecy in large denomination like HK$1000 notes are not very welcome by most of the smaller retailers due to the counterfeit problem. Do look out for signs at cashier or enquire from the retail store staff if they accept the $1000 notes.
Just to give you a rough guideline about expenditure on eating in Hong Kong. A McDonald’s BIG MAC MEAL ( with drinks & french fries ) costs around HK$25. A normal meal in any noodle shop or local coffee house will cost you about HK$ 30 per meal.
Hong Kong Customs put no restrictions on how much Hong Kong currency bringing in and/or take out of Hong Kong.
If you have any coins ( HK$ ) , you will probably realize that they are pretty heavy. My wife and I are always trying to “get rid of” our coins – Spend them of course !!
As for purchasing of goods in Hong Kong, we would prefer to use credit card as much as possible.
Sign up with our Newsletter
- Best Airplane Travel Pillow
- How To Deflate, Store And Wash Your Travel Neck Pillow
- Airplane Traveling Neck Pillow Video User Guides
- What You Can Do To Look For Budget-friendly Cruises To Alaska
- Critical Popular Features Of Dot & Dot Packing Cubes
- Organized Well with EgoBags Travel Packing Cubes
- What Are The Benefits Of Booking Cruise Vacations Online?
- How You Can Reduce Costs When Booking Cruise Trips
- Planning A Budget-friendly Cruise Vacation
- Guide To Discovering Budget Friendly Cruise Vacations
- Things To Consider Before Booking Cruise Vacations
- Werribee Hotels
- Personalised Bag Tags
- Tips In Booking For Cheap Transatlantic Cruises
- Important Things to Check When Buying a Used Houseboat
- Things You Need To Consider When Buying A Houseboat
- Cheap Cunard Cruises For Your Cruise Holiday
- Medical Travel Hospitals Becoming Different types of Efficiency
- Guidelines for Easier, More Comfortable Travel
- Purchasing One’s Jacksonville Zoo Entrance Tickets On The Internet
- Communication in Hong Kong (2)
- Food in Hong Kong (6)
- Hong Kong Attractions (2)
- Hong Kong Customs (1)
- Hong Kong General Issues (3)
- Hong Kong Local Culture (12)
- Hong Kong Money Matters (2)
- Hong Kong Travel Tips (3)
- Shopping in Hong Kong (4)
- Transportation in Hong Kong (6)
- Uncategorized (25)
- Weather in Hong Kong (1)
Hong Kong Travel Guide Tag Cloudadventure Amenities Budget Cruises Cheap Cruises Communication in Hong Kong Confucian Coupons cruise Cruise Deals Cruise Packages cruises Cruise Vacation Cruise Vacation Packages Cruise Vacations Cunard Cruises family Festival Photo Food in Hong Kong Hk Hong Kong Hong Kong Attractions Hong Kong General Issues Hong Kong Local Culture Hong Kong Money Matters Hong Kong Travel Tips Inflatable Pillow Mediterranean Cruises Money Neck Pillow Photo Credit Princess cruises Shopping in Hong Kong Transportation in Hong Kong travel Travel Agent Travel Arrangements Travel Companies Travel Company Travel Documents Traveling Travel Pillow vacation Vacation Deals Youngsters Zoo