Travel Tip #1
Sign up our Newsletter for periodic update about HONG KONG and enjoy a well prepared and worry-free holiday in Hong Kong.
Travel Tip #2
Bring along your GSM network mobile phone ( and phone charger of course ). Purchase a Prepaid SIM card at any convenient store and keep in touch with your travel mates or call home at affordable rate. Huge Savings !!!
Click here to read the full article on telecommunication in Hong Kong
Travel Tip #3
Voltage converter / power plug adapter. You can get it at any hardware stores. These days most of the high tech device comes with battery charger that is voltage auto converted, do check it out before your holiday. If you are going to get a power plug adapter, read this article on power supply in Hong Kong
Kensington 33117 International All-in-One Travel Plug Adapter is AMAZON’s best selling travel power adapter. It is light weight,tiny in size but provides plug adapters for use in more than 150 countries, so you never need to be at a loss for power again. It is easy to use with slide-out power plugs so you will not lose any component of the adapter. It features a safety release button and built-in fuse to ensure safe operation.
For traveling power adapter for laptop, I strongly recommend Belkin BZ103050vTVL Mini Surge Protector/ Dual USB Charger.
It is small enough to fit into any traveling bag, rotating plug allows you to fit this unit in any position without covering other outlets. The Dual USB charger is definitely a plus point to this little product, you can power up your laptop and charge your iPod or iPhone at the same time.
Travel Tip #4
Medication. If you are currently on long term medication- high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, please remember to bring them along. Although drug stores with certified pharmacist can be found commonly in Hong Kong, it is never a good experience to look for them when you need your medication urgently. It will be good if you can also bring along some commonly used medication like Panadol and topical antiseptic cream.
Travel Tip #5
Money Pouch. Hong Kong is a highly populated city and pickpockets are not uncommon in crowded shopping area. It is a safe measure to put your important documents ( ID, passport, credit card) in a money pouch which hanged over your neck and hide underneath your shirt. Using waist pouch is NOT the best option. You should have some smaller notes in your pocket / wallet and the bigger notes in the money pouch. And remember not to FLASH your big stack of cash in public to avoid unnecessary unpleasant experience.
Travel Tip #6
Travel Insurance. There is nothing worst than having a medical or dental emergency or a delay or even cancellation of flight during vacation overseas. It would be a fantastic idea to cover yourself and your loved ones with travel insurance. Travel insurance is inexpensive and offer you a piece of mind when you leave home.
Sign up with our Newsletter
- Best Airplane Travel Pillow
- How To Deflate, Store And Wash Your Travel Neck Pillow
- Airplane Traveling Neck Pillow Video User Guides
- What You Can Do To Look For Budget-friendly Cruises To Alaska
- Critical Popular Features Of Dot & Dot Packing Cubes
- Organized Well with EgoBags Travel Packing Cubes
- What Are The Benefits Of Booking Cruise Vacations Online?
- How You Can Reduce Costs When Booking Cruise Trips
- Planning A Budget-friendly Cruise Vacation
- Guide To Discovering Budget Friendly Cruise Vacations
- Things To Consider Before Booking Cruise Vacations
- Werribee Hotels
- Personalised Bag Tags
- Tips In Booking For Cheap Transatlantic Cruises
- Important Things to Check When Buying a Used Houseboat
- Things You Need To Consider When Buying A Houseboat
- Cheap Cunard Cruises For Your Cruise Holiday
- Medical Travel Hospitals Becoming Different types of Efficiency
- Guidelines for Easier, More Comfortable Travel
- Purchasing One’s Jacksonville Zoo Entrance Tickets On The Internet
- Communication in Hong Kong (2)
- Food in Hong Kong (6)
- Hong Kong Attractions (2)
- Hong Kong Customs (1)
- Hong Kong General Issues (3)
- Hong Kong Local Culture (12)
- Hong Kong Money Matters (2)
- Hong Kong Travel Tips (3)
- Shopping in Hong Kong (4)
- Transportation in Hong Kong (6)
- Uncategorized (25)
- Weather in Hong Kong (1)
Hong Kong Travel Guide Tag Cloudadventure Amenities Budget Cruises Cheap Cruises Communication in Hong Kong Confucian Coupons cruise Cruise Deals Cruise Packages cruises Cruise Vacation Cruise Vacation Packages Cruise Vacations Cunard Cruises family Festival Photo Food in Hong Kong Hk Hong Kong Hong Kong Attractions Hong Kong General Issues Hong Kong Local Culture Hong Kong Money Matters Hong Kong Travel Tips Inflatable Pillow Mediterranean Cruises Money Neck Pillow Photo Credit Princess cruises Shopping in Hong Kong Transportation in Hong Kong travel Travel Agent Travel Arrangements Travel Companies Travel Company Travel Documents Traveling Travel Pillow vacation Vacation Deals Youngsters Zoo